There are many ways to assist the Christmas Spirit Campaign in our mission to deliver food and gifts to those who could use some holiday support in the Bow Valley at Christmas time. Through the Volunteer as a Family program, you can help make this happen! Whether you are a group of neighbours, co-workers, or friends, this is a great opportunity to come together and strengthen the social fabric of our community. This is also a great way to teach your children about giving generously and supporting those around them.
There are three ways to Volunteer as a Family:
1. Fund a complete hamper – This is a great option for a group of friends or a workplace fundraiser or for a family who wants to teach children the value of money.
Donate $400 for a complete hamper. The Campaign will then assemble the hamper which will include:
- A week’s supply of perishable and non-perishable food items including items for a Christmas dinner.
- Gifts for children 17 and under in the family.
2. Create a hamper – This is a great option for a family wanting to teach children compassion and generosity or for a group of friends or co-workers who want to volunteer together.
To create a full hamper, donate $125 for the fresh portion of the hamper and then purchase the non-perishable food as well as toys and gifts for the children. If you are a family, you could purchase toys for kids just like your own.
- Click here for the list of non-perishable food items needed for your hamper.
- All gifts must be new. Click here for Toy/Gift ideas. Purchase $75 worth of gifts per child.
Please let us know if you are planning to Volunteer as a Family by emailing email@example.com or calling 403.609.3536 so we know to plan for your hamper. Gift hampers must be delivered to the campaign office by December 11.
3. Join us – We always need volunteers for the food drive and hamper packing. Gather a group of co-workers or friends to volunteer or come to a volunteer event as a family. Click here for information on our volunteer opportunities.