The contents of our hampers include non-perishable food items to be used as part of Christmas dinner and also meals throughout the week.
The Christmas Spirit Campaign hopes you will select some of these key items to include in your food donation. When making your donation please take into consideration that we include at least four canned items in each hamper and we always strive to ensure the families have healthy choices. We ask you to please be mindful of “Best Before” dates so that your donation is able to be passed on to a family in need.
*We thank everyone who wishes to pass on their home made goods, however, only commercially packaged items are used in the food hampers.
- Peanut butter
- Pancake mix
- Canned meat (ham, turkey)
- Canned fish
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, mixed vegetables)
- Stuffing mix
- Cranberry sauce (whole berry)
- Soup (tomato, cream of mushroom, chicken noodle, chunky-style soups & stews, dry packaged soups, canned chili)
- Pasta sauce (tomato based)
- Brown Beans
- Dry Pasta
Where to bring your food donations:
Non-perishable food items can be dropped off at the following locations in Canmore:
- Royal LePage 101-710 10th Street (Downtown)
- FCSS 902 – 7th Ave (Civic Centre)
- Save On Foods
- Shoppers Drug Mart
*Best Before Dates that are prior to your donation month often cannot be used. Each year, hundreds of pounds of food have to be disposed of as the food had passed the recommended Best Before timeline. Please check the dates and donate only food you would wish to consume yourself.