Thanks to the generosity of the Bow Valley we reached our goal of raising $90,000! We couldn’t have done it without the support of our amazing community. A sincere thank you to everyone who contributed and volunteered. Together we served close to 350 households and almost 1,500 people.
In addition to supplying hampers of grocery cards and toys to those living in Canmore, Exshaw, and Morley for the holidays, the Christmas Spirit Campaign also contributes to food security and sustainability all year long. We keep enough funds in the bank to run one full year of the campaign, just in case of emergency. All remaining funds are distributed to various organizations in the community who provide food security. After the 2018 campaign we distributed funds to the following organizations:
- Family Community Support Services – Grocery Card Program and Healthy Little Chefs Program
- School food programs at Ecole Notre-Dame des Monts, Exshaw School, and Canmore Collegiate High School
- Iyahrhe Nakoda Food Bank – Fresh food program
- Town of Banff and MD of Bighorn – Food Box program
- Town of Banff Settlement Services – Community Dinner