With the support of the Bow Valley community, our 2017 campaign was a great success. The Christmas Spirit Campaign delivered 261 hampers and raised $83,000. The board would like to extend a huge thank you to the Bow Valley for all their support and an extra special thanks to our donors and volunteers. We couldn’t do it without you!
- 261 families were supported with hampers and 81 single households with grocery gift cards.
- 132 families received toy hampers.
- We raised $83K with contributions from more than 156 receipted donors and others who provided cash donations in the Santa boxes.
- The Food Drive brought in 6675 lbs of usable food compared to 7500 lb of food the year before. We brought in $2.1K in cash donations, $1.4K less than the previous year.
- The Elves program provided more than 300 gifts to 181 seniors at Cascade House, Mount Edith House, Bow River Seniors Lodge and Homes, Canmore Hospital Extended Care, isolated seniors in Exshaw and Elders in Morley.
- In total 1,494 individuals were assisted directly.
- 200 volunteers helped with many aspects of the campaign including the food drive, transportation, packing and delivering hampers.
- In total volunteers contributed 525 hours of time or $10K of value.